.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
The Expansionist
Friday, June 17, 2011
 
Incompetence from Current TV. I just wasted a half hour of my life trying to participate in the discussion area around Keith Olbermann's new show on Current TV. I registered as a new user, logged in at the login page for the overall site, then clicked on an Olbermann video. At that page, I see that I am NOT logged in. So I click at the "login" link on the Olbermann page, and am taken back to the Current login page, where I am shown as logged in. I go back to the Olbermann page and I'm NOT logged in. I try to leave a comment, and there is a button at the bottom of the comment screen that should permit me to post that comment as "LCraigSchoonmaker", my login name. So the server knows who I am. But I am told that the comment could not be posted, perhaps because I'm not logged in!
+
I then go to the Current TV "feedback" area to tell them about this problem, describe it, then try to send that feedback. It asks for my email address and password. I fill them in, as I registered them. It refuses to send the feedback, saying it has no record of that email address. I give up.
+
How on Earth did such incompetence take control of Current TV? I want to watch Keith Olbermann's new incarnation of Countdown, and participate in the online community around it, but I cannot. My cable company, Cablevision (from which I have cable modem and wifi only), does not 'currently' carry Current TV. Will Current offer Countdown as a free podcast thru iTunes, as MSNBC did? I don't know. And I'm not at all certain the incompetents at Current will think to tell people one way or the other.
+
(The current U.S. military death toll in Iraq, according to the website "Iraq Coalition Casualties", is 4,462 — for Israel.)





<< Home

Powered by Blogger